Breaking News Journalist USA
The editorial team works relentlessly to cover the latest news on health, health policy, and medical science. We interview experts from top universities and healthcare institutions and quote peer-reviewed studies in our articles. We dive deep into health policy issues and offer independent journalism that does not shy away from controversial topics. Our journalists provides news, analysis, and opinions by industry insiders. Our team is passionate about working in fast-paced environment. We have a great opportunity to educate the reader through knowledge and research based content.
We invite you to join us!
What You Will Do
- Produce daily news coverage on a wide range of health care and related issues. Primary focus on the U.S;
- Promptly respond to the latest scientific studies’ reports. Translate their findings to beautiful English without complex wording;
- Identify trends and write accurate, well-researched health care, wellness and technology-related articles;
- Create and monitor your network of sources (news agencies, social media, forums, direct contacts with experts) for researching and developing/uncovering exclusive news and topics;
- Contact experts in their field to ensure all the content is scientifically based/ reliable;
- Connect with people around the world to gather news and fact-check stories;
- Collaborate with HN Content Strategy Lead and other Journalists in Editorial for content directions;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in health and wellness field. In future - attend and cover health meetings, conferences and industry events;
- Attend and cover health meetings, conferences and industry events.
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of experience as a tech writer/journalist;
- Newsroom work experience would be an advantage;
- Being comfortable with thinking beyond the obvious and able to write analytical news would be a definite advantage;
- Deep interest in health and wellness;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading in English;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment together with a team;
- Excellent time-management, attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Goal-oriented mindset, can-do attitude;
- Willingness to take full ownership of editorial beat in a specific field (health tech, etc) would be an advantage.
4100 - 6200 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competencies